GCEA provides scholarships for students and teachers living in our cooperative service area.
GCEA has provided student scholarships for decades thanks to the generosity of the Board of Directors, Tri-State Generation and Transmission, and Basin Electric power Cooperative.
Students are eligible to receive a scholarship if their parents or legal guardians receive electrical service to their primary residence from GCEA.
First-time applicants must fill out an application form, which is available in the link below and provide the following information:
- List of high school and community activities
- Statement of other activities
- Two letters of recommendation
- High school or college transcripts
- First page of the member's Federal income tax return form 1040 or 1040A
- A 200-word essay relating to cooperative business
Returning college students who previously received a GCEA scholarship are eligible for continued funding if they meet certain academic requirements. Return applicants fill out a new return student application and submit an original certified college transcript.
GCEA members may contribute to the scholarship fund through our Operation Roundup® program.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE IS CLOSED.